- 4-5 pound pork roast from Marconda’s
- 1 TB fennel seed
- 2 tsp black peppercorn
- 2 TB packed rosemary leaves lightly chopped
- 2 TB fresh thyme lightly chopped
- 4 medium garlic passed through a press or chopped
- 2TB salt
- 4 TB olive oil
- 4 medium apples ( I use green)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 C. white wine
- Mix and finely chop together(in blender) or prep machine : fennel, peppercorn, rosemary, thyme garlic salt and 2 TB of olive oil. This will be a paste like consistency, pat on all sides of the roast and wrap in plastic tightly ( I sometimes prep this far and freeze until I’m ready to use it. Generally it should marinate in the refrig for overnight or up to 2 days.
- Peel and core apples and cut into 8ths. Peel and trim onion and cut into 12 thin wedges. Mix the apples and onions together.
- Preheat oven to 450
- Toss apples and onions with 2 TB olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the bottom of a roasting pan or Dutch oven that has a lid).
- Roast the pork uncovered at 450 for 30 minutes. Lower the temperature to 325, add the wine and cover. If using roaster you will need to tightly seal the pan with foil.
- Cook for 2 ? – 3 hours until it is tender. You may have to add more liquid, so check every so often ( wine or water).